One liners that kick your arse. Quotes from Duck Hunter Shoots Angel that make my day:
It’s the end of the world-thang – it’s Arma-getcha!
Y’all excuse my brother he aint right, the wheel’s still turning but the hamster died if you know what I mean.
Confession: I never read Tuesdays with Morrie. (right now you are wondering what Tuesdays with Morrie has to do with Duck Hunter Shoots Angel. Let me google that for you. )
Confession: I’ve never seen the movie.
Confession: I’m a Spokane Civic Theatre supporter (duh!).
Confession: Mitch Albom is ok, I guess. What do I know?
Confession: I fricking love Beavers and Ducks. Rather Angels and Ducks. My bad, what I really mean is I love Duck Hunter Shoot Angel. Really really really really really really really. Love It.
Confession: I’m crushing on Mark Pleasant but what else is new. Look at that face! Just look at it.
You’ve got one more weekend to see Duck Hunter Shoots Angel at Spokane Civic Theatre and you should. Not because I’m a theatre sucker. Not because I’m pimping this sh!t, yo, but because it is that good. That uplifting. That heartening. That funny. That wonderful. That almost perfect.
I say almost because the first umpteen minutes were not my flavorite. They were, well, awkward. Sandy, Michael Hynes (who, by the way is the perfect East Coast intellectual-ish journalist. Might I add uptight?), on the stage with with a cup of coffee talking to ?? (g_d? a shrink? who knows?). It was just weird.
But then, the skies opened up, the sun shined down and my heart swelled with happiness. Why?
- Sandy got schooled by Lenny - I could quote left and right what the kid threw down. Boom goes the dynamite.
- Duane and Duwell. Period. That is all you need to know. They kick A$$. They rock out with their Ad-Rock out. Highsterical. Every bit, every sentence, every everything.
- Duane/Mark is downright perfect. And the 14 year old boy in me loved that he said peter. And snake.
- Duwell is perfection in it’s most simple form. Duwell grabs my heart and holds on to it for the entire time.
- For a few minutes, I believed in angels.
There it is, my most scattered brained review of Duck Hunter Shoots Angel at Spokane Civic Theatre. If it matters, my feet never shuffled once and my ADD never, ever, ever kicked in and I never glanced to see how much longer till the performance ended. In fact, I think I could go right back and watch this over and over again.